BUILDERS & DEVELOPERS Public Safety Impact / Mitigation Fees
New Home Builders
Custom Home Builders
Real Estate Developers
Facts and evidence must be presented to charge fees for New Development and Construction impacting communities. A reasonable relationship or NEXUS must be established to justify a need to expand police department services and other public safety improvements.
Municipalities / Planning Boards are relentless in their zeal to fund capital additions to their public safety systems by increasing police facilities and equipment. A prevailing contention is the need to maintain existing levels of police response and protection services without unfairly imposing increased taxation upon the owners and residents of existing buildings within a community.
However, is this reasonable concern misguided and blurring injustice towards builders and developers?
Exorbitant and unreasonable public safety mitigation fees are the hidden unfairness when inappropriately considered, applied, or assessed.
Police response time and protective services encompass many factors and warrant careful analysis to determine ADEQUACY:
- CRIME PREVENTION THROUGH ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN [ CPTED ] INITIATIVES
- COMMUNITY POLICING STRATEGIES
- DISCREPANCIES IN CATEGORIZATION OF EMERGENCY CALLS FOR SERVICE
- DISPATCHING CHALLENGES
- GEOGRAPHICAL / PROPERTY LOCATION CONSIDERATIONS FOR RESPONSE TIME ASSESSMENT
- POLICING STYLE
- QUALITY OF DATA COLLECTION FROM CAD SYSTEMS AND PUBLIC DISSEMINATION
- RESPONSE TIME STANDARDS
- SERVICE PHILOSOPHY
- SUPERVISION STYLE
- TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATIONS