SERAPH Education Services
Dane A. Brandenberger, Ed.D.
Dr. Brandenberger has spent over 32 years in public education. He has taught grades 4 through 12. He has been a varsity coach, building administrator, director of school facilities in a district with 22 school buildings, director of business operations, and served as a superintendent of schools for over six years. He was superintendent in a district of 4,200 students and a superintendent in a district of 10,500 students. Dr. Brandenberger served as the legislative chairman and the financial chairman of the Delaware Chief School Officer’s Association. He served as the president of the bi-county Chief School Officer’s Association of Southern Delaware.
He taught on the adjunct faculty of Widener University School of Business where he taught management, finance, and marketing and is currently an adjunct faculty member in Wilmington College’s doctoral program for school leaders. Dr. Brandenberger also served as an infantry officer in the United States Marine Corp.
Dr. Brandenberger has been contributor to the State of Delaware School Construction Manual and serves on the Delaware Department of Education’s School Construction Advisory Committee. During his time as director of school facilities he planned and implemented the largest school district modernization program conducted in the state of Delaware. Later he also managed the process of building two new middle schools that were built ahead of schedule and under budget. Dr. Brandenberger was certified as an expert in school safety by the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania in the Commonwealth v. Chester-Upland School District case of 2006.
He has significant experience in the following areas and is able to provide advice and consulting services relative to them:
- School and District Safety and Security Audits and Planning
- Long Range Facilities Planning
- Executive Recruiting
- Conducting Facilities Condition Studies
- Planning and implementing Operating Budgets
- Planning and Implementing Minor Capital Improvement
- Planning and Implementing Major Capital Improvement
- Planning, Organizing, and Conducting Referendums
- Projecting School District Enrollment and Demographic Studies
- Processing and Hiring Architect and Engineers
- Organizing, Facilitating, and Conducting Competitive Bidding Process
- Managing and Implementing Facilities Use
- Union contract negotiations and administration
- Facilitator for Collaborative Bargaining in negotiations