6 Questions the Press needs to ask the SANDY HOOK – Newtown Public School District School Board & Superintendent
- Did Adam Lanza have an IEP [Individualized Education Plan] required by IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Act)?
- In 2012 did the Newtown Public School District’s Emergency and School Safety plan meet Connecticut state requirements and federal USDOE standards?
- Do the current Safety / Emergency plans provide specific shooting preventions tactics?
- Did the Superintendent and school board meet with Law Enforcement officials to determine what role the school district played in preventing the shooting?
- Do they have a formal process for outside security walks every 30 minutes? [If the school has security guards make them show you the plan].
- Has a Federal level [U.S. Department of Education - United States Department of Justice] security MANAGEMENT audit been done in the last 12 months?